Business and Management
Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathways are offered?
Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
Marketing Communications—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
Small Business Owner
Administrative Services Manager
Public Relations Manager
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word
- Certiport Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certification
- National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Advertising and Design
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)